Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I on U

Travelling through the city
On a nice cloudy night
People passing by down the street
Without a bother, what do they care?

A warm sense of mystery surrounds me
As I walk down the streets alone
Jazzy music fills the air in my head
The memories of the night

As I walk down the road all alone
Thoughts of loved ones fill the head
Instances of past travels come anew
Just I and U

A cool summer night that breeze on by
Looking at the photographs
Of faces and places familiar
That will never be revisited again

Somehow the image of myself
Walking down the night
With that lonesome song in my head
Fills the air with mystery

They say yesterday's history
Tomorrow's a mystery
And the present is a gift
A wonderful one indeed

After all these years
I finally end up
Where I started it all
Alone...

As I stumble my way back
The writing's on the wall
Guess I better get my way out
Back to my home...

(This is a song I wrote after listening to some Jazz music that everytime i listen, I think of the past year, my friends, family, and holiday...)

No comments: